We provide comprehensive psychological evaluations for a variety of cognitive, educational, emotional, and behavioral difficulties in children and adults. Some types of evaluations we provide include:
- Full Psychological Evaluations
- Each evaluation is tailored to address the referral question and current difficulties clients have when seeking services. Examples of referral questions that are most appropriate for Full Psychological Evaluations are: diagnostic clarification, a deeper understanding of the impact emotional, behavioral, and/or interpersonal factors have on functioning, ADHD, test anxiety, and evaluations for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Learning Disorder (LD) Testing
- LD testing involves comprehensive assessment of cognitive and intellectual functioning, academic achievement, and other skills related to learning. This type of testing is useful for clients and families hoping to gain a better understanding of a child or adults academic strengths and weaknesses and/or to request academic accommodations for elementary, middle, and high schools, colleges and universities, and standardized testing such as the ACT, SAT, GRE, etc.
- Academically Gifted Evaluations
- For students within the Guilford County School system, testing scores cognitive abilities and academic achievement may be considered for eligibility for AG services. These evaluations are not comprehensive as GCS will only accept a score indicating cognitive ability and achievement scores related only to reading and math abilities. Due to the focused nature of these evaluations and specific needs, they are billed from a different fee structure than typical evaluations. Please contact us for more information regarding pricing.
- Early Kindergarten Evaluations
- For those within the Guilford County School system who believe their young children are especially gifted, it is possible that they may be eligible for Early Entrance into Kindergarten. A portion of the application, which can be found (here), involves cognitive and achievement testing, which we are happy to provide. Due to the focused nature of these evaluations and specific needs, they are billed from a different fee structure than typical evaluations. Please contact us for more information regarding pricing.
Benefits of Psychological Evaluation – Psychological evaluations provide a structured, organized, and succinct description of an individual’s current psychological functioning, including cognitive, behavioral, and emotional strengths and challenges. The evaluation includes a written report with recommendations for improvement or accommodations, when appropriate. We also provide a feedback session where we review the process and results of the evaluation and provide the opportunity for clients to ask questions.