Applying to the Doctoral (PhD) and Terminal Masters (MA) programs
**Please address all Graduate Application questions to Ms. Melinda Wolf at 336-334-5014
*Please address all general questions about our graduate programs to Dr. Michael Kane
Applications must be submitted and complete by the deadline to be considered.
Psychology Ph.D. program deadline is December 1.
Terminal MA program: There are TWO deadlines: (1) Feb. 1 (2) April 20. Students who apply by Feb. 1 will usually hear about their application by April 15. All applicants will receive notice by May 15.
To apply to our graduate programs, you must submit the following:
- A Psychology Department application.
- A UNCG Graduate School application, with supporting materials:
- Official copy of your GRE SCORES
- One (1) copy of official transcripts from colleges/universities
- Three letters of recommendation
- A North Carolina residency form, if applicable
- A $65.00 application fee is required
On-line Graduate School information, application, instructions, and forms are found at:
For your convenience, a request-for-transcripts form, a recommendation form, and a McNair fee waiver form are also included on this Graduate School forms page. While we prefer to receive online applications, those applicants who need to submit an application on paper will also find a paper application request form.
The UNCG Testing Code is 5913; use this code to have standardized test scores sent directly to UNCG.
How to Apply:
- Download and Complete the Psychology Department Graduate Application Form
- Go to ApplyYourself
- Create an account
- Complete all required fields for the Personal Data section
- Complete all required fields for the Academic Information section
- Upload your completed Psychology Department Graduate Application Form as “Supplemental Document A / Personal Statement”
- Upload your curriculum vitae (CV), which should include your relevant work/research experience, as “Supplemental Document C / Resume”
- Provide a list of recommendation-letter writers (with their contact information), in “Recommendations”
- Upload a copy of your academic transcript(s) and arrange to have an official copy of each sent to the UNCG Graduate School
- Review your application when completed, using “Check Your Application”
- Click the “Submit” button in the upper right hand corner to submit your completed and checked application
We look forward to receiving your application!